Saturday, January 06, 2007

All is well in Druckerville...


Today marks two weeks since we have been home with the girls- in some ways it is hard to believe because it feels like Audrey has always been with us, yet my memories and sometimes even a longing for our days in China are still so dear and fresh.

Our Christmas was overwhelming as all of our systems were completely out of whack. You cannot underestimate what a 13 hour time difference does to your body- we were so exhausted that in many ways, Christmas came and went like a blur, but we all rallied for Madeleine and made sure Santa made his apperance at the Drucker home.

Since then, we have had some major breakthroughs- Audrey is now regularly eating from a spoon (she absolutely wanted nothing to do with this for quite some time) and as of today, we've had 3 nights in a row of full sleep!!! Her personality is really shining- she is such a happy baby. She can take about 5-6 steps on her own, and her Memere is steadily working on her walking stability every day- Audrey knows exactely who to go to when she wants to walk- she practically runs straight for Memere with a big grin as if to say "I'm ready, let's go".

Madeleine is an incredible big sister. She is truly helpful and wants to participate in everything- diapers, baths, feedings. She knows just when to rattle a toy to distract Audrey while I'm battling her squiggly legs for a diaper change, and she rushes in to her crib to quiet her if she is crying- it's been amazing and so sweet to watch these tender moments.


Happy New Year to all- we are surely blessed to begin 2007 surrounded by family and friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! I still look at your blog daily hoping for an update, and today is my lucky day! I just got your email, and I am sorry that I was not able to come on the field trip yesterday to meet Audrey. Claudia emailed me to say that Madeleine was asking for us at the airport. I can't wait to talk with her about the trip. I will give you a call this week, your presence is missed in the office, but of course, you are exactly where you should be. LOVE the new pictures. Please keep posting!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We were so waiting for an update and of course pictures. We love the pictures keep them coming.

Glad to hear all is well.

God Bless
John & Caroline
Dying for some referral news!

Anonymous said...

I see that Madeleine likes her "bling" like Peri!

Dawn

:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the updates! Keep tehm coming.

Love Jodi H

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures. It is great to visit the blog since we don't get to see Christian that often anymore. We miss you, Christian!!!

Madeleine looks like a real royal princess in her tiara. How beautiful she is.

Anonymous said...

Monique and Family...

Congratulations! Maria just sent me the link to your Blog. I am very excited for you and your family. I hope all is well. I cannot wait to meet your new daughter!
Elissa

Anonymous said...

I am just saying that I have been waiting patiently for pictures of Petunia's birthday party now for FIVE days... *sigh* I guess I will just have to keep waiting!