Wednesday, November 29, 2006

China bound!

What a week it has been....
Our travel approval (TA) came in on Friday, November 26, and today, Wednesday November 29th we received our confirmed Consulate Appointment (CA)which means we are able to make travel arrangements. To our surprise, we will be leaving December 8th!! Yup- that's next week already. Oh my....so much to do! We'll leave out of Newark on the 8th and return back to the States on December 23rd...just in time to catch Santa Claus coming down the chimney.

A bit about the blog:
We will do our best to post to the blog on a daily basis and include pictures for all of you to follow our journey. The clock to the left is set for Beijing time (13 hour difference), so you can know what time it is for us while you are reading the posts. There are two weather links- the first is for Beijing which is where we will stay for 3 days, then thankfully we will head off for Guangzhou which is the second link and a marked difference in temperature. We will be in Guangzhou for the remainder of our stay.

Once we have our itinerary and more info I'll post again...until then, I've got some packing to do- thank goodness we've done this before!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and early Christmas Present. We love you Audrey...Mommy, Daddy, Mei Mei and Memere are coming!!

Marla Buono said...

WOOHOO... Merry Christmas! What a GREAT present! I know that it has been a LOOOOOOONG wait, but it will be worth it once you see and hold your new baby girl! I must say that she is quite a looker... I can't wait to pinch those cheeks. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all the way to China and back! Wishing you a safe, happy and smooth travel! Can't wait until you get back!!! YEAH! Love you guys, Marla B.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a great Holiday Gift for your beautiful family! God Bless you all on this amazing journey! Can't wait to meet that little "Petunia"
Our Love and Prayers will be with you.....
- The Barbieri Family

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! It's a Christmas miracle. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe and know all good wishes follow you. Love, Maria and Jim

Anonymous said...

Incredible…just one more week and you will be hugging and kissing your new baby girl! Perfect timing - it truly will be a special and wonderful Christmas for your whole family! What better gift for Madeleine than a new baby sister?!
I wish you a safe and exciting trip to China and back! Can't wait to see the postings while you are there! Savor every moment!
Love, Nicole

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and congratulations!!! Wow, it brings back memories, and I'm trying to squash my envy. :-) Have a wonderful time in China!

Dawn & Peri

Anonymous said...

Christian and "BEAUTIFUL FAMILY" I wake up in the morning to read the Blog and am so happy for all of you. It makes me feel selfish that I miss my walking partner in the afternoons but know that the walks will now be filled with looking at pictures from your incredible adventure. I can't wait until tomorrow...Cathy Considine