Wednesday, February 17, 2010

T-10 days

In ten days, we will board a plane for Ethiopia!! In twelve days, we will meet our babies...can you stand it??

For those of you who know me, you won't be surprised to hear of my excel spreadsheet that has kept me sane for the last week while we prepare to travel. Hard part is everytime I check something off my list, I seem to add more- how does that happen? This weekend we stocked up on diapers and formula- after having 2 children out of diapers, I never thought it would be so fun to by such things again.

The girls are over the moon excited, and we talk about the twins every day. I'm absolutely dreading leaving them, but thanks to my awesome sister, The Morrells and Nana, they will be in the perfect hands while we're away. Thank you thank you thank you to Michelle, Matt & Jayne for giving me this peace.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I missed this post yesterday so it is now T-9 days, and it's late so it's almost T-8 days, and I CAN BARELY STAND IT!

Seriously, I am overwhelmed by the fact that you are finally at his stage!

It is great that you have a network of people to help with the girls. I know it is so hard to be apart, but this is their active and personal contribution to bringing their brother and sister home. That will count for something some day.

(and personally, the list thing is the best! and they always grow but the important things always get done, don't they? Yay for lists!)

Lots of love...

WONDER TWINS, ACTIVATE!