We made it to Dubai! The flight wasn't bad at all, we all took in several movies and tried to get some sleep. The Dubai airport is a bit challenging for a foreigner- very little signage, basically you just keep walking and walking until you can't go any further. We took a shuttle to our hotel, and due to crazy traffic last night, it took about an hour to get to the hotel which is truly a 10 minute drive. We got in to the hotel around 11pm and had some dinner, then off to stretch out take a shower. Our wake up call was at 3:30 this morning, and now we're back at the airport waiting for our flight to Addis. We leave here at 7:35am. As I type this, it is 8:00pm Sunday for all of you.
Praying that the girls did well last night and today- we know they're in good hands, but it is hard to be so far away from them. Matt & Jayne, please give them extra love from us and tell them we love them and we landed safely.
Safe travels to my sister who is flying out on Monday to be with the girls for the week- thank you!!
Hard to believe, later this afternoon, we'll be holding the babies. Still very surreal.
Monique
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi Monique,
I love this up to the minute reporting. Sorry to hear about the Dubai traffic. I am sure you just wanted to get to bed by that point and a 3:30am wake-up - yikes!
Well, you should be meeting Avery and Cooper soon!!!
Thinking of you and can't wait for more news.
Hello Monique and Christian!
As you may have heard, in the United States today, it was a great day for hockey. Team USA lost in OT to Team Canada, and ended up with the silver medal, but they played an awesome game, and we are still so proud to be Americans.
In Ethiopa today, it will be a great day for love...meeting Avery and Cooper face to face for the first time, and finally being able to kiss their sweet faces and touch their sweet fingers and toes will better than any Olympic medal, greater than any athletic victory.
We are so very, very happy for you, and cannot wait to hear more news!
Blessings and Love to All of You!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Megan, Tim, Ethan and Luke
Karen- I already can't wait to see you to talk about the trip and it's barely started!
Meeg, thanks for the hockey update, we were wondering about it! Tough to find many channels in our hotel last night- pretty much stuck to CNN coverage earthquakes/tsunami.
Love reading the comments, thanks for taking time to post!
Monique,
I'm so glad you made it safely. We will continue to pray for your peace in the midst of being apart from your girls and joy in meeting your son and daughter and an easy transition for all. I can not wait to be where you are! We are so blessed to walk this road. So, enjoy loving your babies! And love on ours, too.
Lori
wow... surreal must be right! i can't even imagine! glad your trip has gone so well. so exciting!
We are over the moon excited for you. We have you and another couple who is getting their 4 year old from China all in the same day. We can't sleep because we are so excited for both families. We hope you have a smooth transition and you see your babies soon.
Can't sleep in CT!
Blessings and prayers
Caroline, John and Hannah Grace
You said "By the time you get to work on Monday, I will be with my babies". I am so excited for you and I truly feel a warmth in my heart today for your family.
Looking forward to updates,
Jenn Crane
It was sooo great to hear your voice. You sound so happy. I can't wait to see pictures of the babies and better yet to get to hug and kiss them!!!
Enjoy and stay safe! I'll be watching!
Adrienne
I am sure that you already have your babies in your arms by now. I am tearing up just thinking of it. So so so excited for you, and can't wait for the details... and the pictures. Hope you were able to get some sleep, but I doubt it, I didn't sleep the night before Kathleen's arrival either!
And shout out to Memere! My mom was with us, and it is so special to be able to share the experience.
Hugs to all of you.
Melissa
Post a Comment