Happy Wednesday! Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to write us comments, we just read through them all, you have no idea how fun it was for us- to be a world away and hear from family and friends is great.
So...thanks to MK we got pictures up, and I promise more are on the way. Yesterday we had a fierce storm throughout the entire city- we're talking violent, which of course then means no internet and loss of power. Through it all, we felt blessed to have a roof over our heads, and meals- there are so many here that were left to fight the storm out on the streets.
Today was a big day for us and the twins. We returned to the care centers that our agency owns and within minutes, they were both whisked away by their special caregivers. The caregivers take the children and dress them in traditional Ethiopian clothing and spend some time saying goodbye. We worked hard at being patient with this- we found that all the other families had their children returned to them fairly timely, but nope, not us. We were told that the twins were very popular, and therefore it was a good hour before we saw them again. Cooper was sleeping, but when he woke up, he had the biggest smile on his face, which made my day (he wasn't so happy about leaving us).
While I was hands free, I took advantage of the time to find all the children I promised pictures for, and also to spend some special time with our other favorite set of twins. Oh Heide & Mark, I can't wait to talk to you, boy are you going to have your hands full!! And then I met these other precious, sweet babies- Erin, Kaite, Damon & Kathy- your babies are beautiful, healthy and happy!! I'm still on a mission for a couple more families and hope to be able to snap pictures for them- it was VERY chaotic, and there are so many babies, it was overwhelming.
Staff at the care center prepared a coffee ceremony for us. She began by roasting the beans and then grinding them and adding the water. Most of you know that I am so not a coffee drinker, but I felt compelled to give it a try-whoa...for my first cup of coffee, I really chose a cup with a punch- holy strong coffee! I'm pretty sure that it was the freshest coffee any of us will ever have, and it was neat to watch it be prepared.
After the coffee ceremony we went out to lunch with all the other travelling families to a restaurant called "Top of the View", it was fantasic, and yes, a great view.
Now we are back at the guesthouse, and I don't think we'll be going anywhere else today, we're already exhausted. Avery is fast asleep, and Cooper is trying is hardest at cutting some teeth- pretty sure Christian's fingers will look like raisins in a minute, he's been gnawing on them non-stop.
Tomorrow we will be visiting Holy Trinity Church, a famous Christian Orthodox church, and then onto our embassy appointment. The embassy appointment is what generates the twins' visas to leave the country- so we're praying for a successful appointment!
We can't wait for you to meet the babies...oh, you will fall in love instantly!
oxox
Monique, Christian & Memere
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Hi! talked to Michelle this morning, I was hoping she had heard from you. I was a little nervous, glad it was just a storm. Good luck with the visa. Can't wait to see ALL of you Sat.
MRD... I just love those babies.. I hope you have a safe flight back and kiss the girls for me!!!
Monique and Christain, The babies are simply beautiful!!! We are enjoying hearing about your journey and seeing the pictures. It is such an exciting time and we are glad to hear everything is going well. We will continue to keep you in our prayers for a safe and healthy journey along with a quick return to your two beautiful girls waiting at home for you.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Blessings from CT
Caroline, John and Hannah Grace
Hello Druckers! I have been checking for pictures and boy, have I been rewarded. They are too adorable. Look at those eyes, those lips.
Sorry to hear about that storm, but so glad to hear you are all safe and sound. I am glad you got to visit Top of the View. We thought it was a really nice spot. The Church is special as well. I forgot to mention that if you do have the chance to go, the traditional Ethiopian dinner was also something not to miss. The dancing is amazing.
We'll be thinking (and I have my Aunt on this) and praying for your Visa appointment and for Thursday and Friday to all go well. I am thinking that the Visa appointment was today? I am so confused about the time change.
Anyway, keep us updated if you can and we cannot wait to see your precious ones.
xxoo, Karen, David, Noah & Luke
P.S. Please send our best to your mom as well.
I am already in love and cannot wait to meet them! It's no wonder they are so popular with the care givers. Just look at those beautiful faces!
I am also NOT a coffee drinker and will probably be up all night after drinking it. Sounds like I am going to need it, though, given your description of D&D!
Thank you so much for spending time with the boys! It means so much to us and the email you sent today just made our week! I can't wait to hear more about what a "handful" they are, LOL :-)
Lots of love!!
Hello Drucker's parent's of 4! We have been thinking of you and just catching up on everything now. As always, as I read your posts Monique, I have tears streaming down my face. You right so beautifully that I can feel your gratitude and love through your words. Of course, those babies are gorgeous!!! OMG, you must all be beside yourselves and just counting the days to get back to the girls and have your whole beautiful family together at last. Lots of luck tomorrow and big kisses to you all, XO! The Bleecher's
SO love that you are giving us a little peek into what you are going through! And those twins... my oh, my!!! They are just precious.
:-)
Let me know if you find Abeba Debiso! Would love a pic if you have the time, but also completely understand if you don't!!!
Monique - Were your ears burning? I had lunch today with Barb, Kim and Andrea in NYC. We missed you and we were wishing you were there with us, but also know that there is no more important place for you to be in the whole world right now. Thank you for sharing this beautiful journey with us all through your blog. I hope the rest of your stay is uneventful and wish you safe travels home! Welcome babies!!! Love you - Jellybean
It makes me giddy to read your words about my sweet baby, and know that your hands have touched her! Makes me all kinds of teary and happy!
We are already totally in love!
Estelle
Monique-
The children are precious and your writeups are riveting. Congrats!!
traveling safely...we will be in touch after a few days and you have had some time to settle in.
LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL BIG BROWN EYES. TWO BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BABIES TO JOIN OUR FAMILY. MUCH LOVE TO THEM AND BEST WISHES FOR A WONDERFUL FUTURE WITH THEIR MOM AND DAD. PEGGY & DAD
Post a Comment