We're here...and we have the babies!!! OH MY GOSH, they are absolutely gorgeous, and we are so blessed.
Our flight over from Dubai was uneventful, and we landed in Addis right on time. It took a bit to get our Visas and then collect our bags, no trouble, just everyone getting off the plane at the same time and everyone needing to do the same thing at the same time. We quickly identified the other Gladney (our agency) families and before we knew it, Travis (in country staff for our agency) was walking toward us and greeting us with a huge smile. Travis kindly asked us if we wanted the babies today…um, YES!!!
Our guest house is situated in the southern end of Addis, and the Gladney Care Centers are in the northern end, so we happily volunteered to go to them, rather than have to have someone drive them out to us. We stopped by the guest house first to let them know we were here and bring our bags in, but we didn’t waste much time, our babies were waiting! We were able to call the girls back home and talk to them literally minutes before we saw the babies- it was perfect.
Our agency arranged for a driver for us- his name is Fitsum, and he is great. Fitsum took us to the Care Center where Travis met us outside and led us in. Sweet Travis took our video camera and recorded the whole magical experience for us. We scooped them up and truly, they folded right into our arms…as if they have been waiting for us, as we were for them. We stayed for about 30 minutes talking to the caregivers and the nurse, and then I had an important mission before we left. Our friends Heidi & Mark are waiting on a court date to bring home their twin boys who happened to be in the same house- no way was I leaving until I saw the boys! I knew they were shy, so I gently peeked in on them and cannot wait to go back on Wednesday to spend some time with them and about 6 other munchkins that I will be taking pictures of and loving on them while their parents back home wait for news of court dates- i'm so looking forward to this!
Humbled. That's what we are. Ethiopia has humbled us, and we have barely been here a day. I'm not sure that you can prepare for the extreme poverty and conditions of this country until you see it first hand. The beauty is clearly all in the people, everyone is incredibly kind, and equally in love with the twins wherever we go.
I'm working on uploading some pics- that may take a bit. Stay tuned.
I'm a mom of four...!!!!
Monique
Monday, March 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Hip, Hip, Hooray! Avery and Cooper are with their parents today! Can't wait to see updated photos! Hope everyone is fast asleep and having sweet dreams of their sisters...xo Love, The Liu Crew
Finally!!!!!!! I've been checking for hours. So happy for all of you. Can't wait to hold one in each arm. Much love, Maria
Yup, crying already! Can't wait to see the pictures!
MLK
We are so very happy for you guys, can't wait to see the little ones! Be safe and give them some loves from us.
XOXO
The Blacker's
I have the chills.
So happy for you and for the twins that you have found each other.
A
Congratulations! I bet that Avery and Cooper saved up some special smiles for Mommy and Daddy and Memere. Can't wait to see pictures of the moments!
Estelle
How wonderful!!! Can't wait to see the pictures! Thank you so much for letting us share this journey with you!
Amy Kramarz
Yeah!!! Can't wait to meet Avery and Cooper!!!! Congratulations!!
-Melanie, Rick, Faith, Drew and Trey
My heart is just bursting with joy for you!!! -Dawn
How beautiful you all are and so very blessed!!! The first pictures are beautiful and filled with love. We're so happy for you all.
Love,
Carol
Thank you so so much for looking in on our boys! Hooray, YOU ARE A MOTHER OF FOUR! I can't wait to meet them!!!
XXOXOXOXO,
Heidi
Congratulations!! They are beautiful. What an amazing family (of 6) you have! Lots of hugs - Kelly
Oh my god!!! I'm so happy for your guys. As I was reading this I was tearing up. Congrats and safe travels!!!!
Amy Terry
I am SO happy for you Monique!! Your newest additions are just beautiful!! I hope you have a great rest of your trip and safe travels back home :)
Julie Hurley
Hooray!!!
We are so happy for the whole Drucker's family!
Tons of Love,
JuCaJuKa
What blessings!! Our continued celebration with you and for your happiness. A beautiful moment to cherish-- and a lifetime to build!!
The Mansfields
We are so happy for you. The pictures of you with the babies are giving me chills! I just cant wait to meet them. Anytime you need help with them just let me know, the girls and I would love to cuddle with them! Have a safe trip home and we will be waiting to meet them!!!!
Love,
The Leach Family
Ok, I am reading them all in backwards order...but I am SO happy for you! what a wonderful first meetin!
Post a Comment