When we finally got on board the plane, we were soon told that we would be landing at approx. 4:20pm- which was precisely 1h 20min. past our scheduled time to meet the babies. Oh dear!! I knew the guide would have called ahead and made arrangements, but we were so anxious, tired and plain stinky that collectively the group was a mess. We rushed off the plane, the guys were like machines collecting carts and all the luggage while we ran out to meet our guide Judy. Judy told us that we had no time to check into the hotel- we were heading straight from the airport to the Office of Civil Affairs where our babies were waiting for us! AGHH!! It was a mad scramble to quickly find diapers, cameras and whatever else we needed to go meet our daughters.
She is so incredibly sweet, and simply a happy baby. She is eager to get going as she has already shown us she can climb, crawl and even walked with her fingers wrapped around her Daddy's for support. She is trying to talk, and is so very observant. She is equally smitten with her big sister, and thankfully she has taken to all of us including her Memere with ease.
I must sign off, as tomorrow is another big day filled with paperwork and I'm just hoping everyone sleeps through the night. I will write more tomorrow, but I knew many of you would be anxious to know about "Petunia Day".
To have a child is a blessing...to now have two children, it's beyond my expectations- it feels so right and so perfect. They are our greatest gifts, how fortunate we are that our red threads have all connected- it is so clear now to me why we waited for Audrey for so long...we needed her to be a part of our family, and today it feels like she always has been. Our girls make my heart melt...
13 comments:
Dear Monique -
I have been following your blog and felt compelled to reply to your posting about Audrey's arrival. Seeing that photo of you giving her a bottle - well, you've never looked happier my friend. (And pretty damn good too for someone who has gotten as little sleep as you have lately!) I am so happy for you, Christian, and Madeleine. The boys and I will pray that the rest of your trip goes smoothly, and I look forward to catching up with you in the new year. Love, Jennifer Cross
Yeah! We are so happy for you! Tears of joy stream down my face! God bless and enjoy your travels-
xoxo Jeanne!
Hooray! It's Petunia Day! I woke up all night thinking of how you had finally met your baby girl. You all look so unbelievably happy, and I am so thrilled for you!! Thank you for sharing the pictures and your experience, I will continue my blog stalking to see more and more, and of course, can't wait to meet Audrey in person! I hope you all sleep well tonight. What a beautiful family you are, I am crying my eyes out just looking at the pictures!!
Finally...my 3rd check to the blog site and I see Audrey and the new and improved Drucker Family. She is absolutely beautiful and I am already sizing her up so I can go shopping!!! I pray she is a good sleeper and that you all can get rest...of course, after you watched her sleep for a little while. We send love from Florida and I can't wait for Audrey and Leah to meet. Happy Petunia Day!
I am so excited for you. How wonderful she is adjusting to everyone so well and quickly.Give her and big sis a kiss from us. How wonderful and what a great Christmas present for all of you.I couldn't hardly sleep last night:)
Jodi Herrington and family
Congratulations! You look so happy and not tired at all. I can only imagine how relieved, excited and tired you must be. Seeing the look on all of your faces I can tell it has been well worth the wait. And what a beauty Audrey is. Have a safe trip back.
Kim Silva (Todd's girlfriend)
Oh- I just LOVE the way Audrey kicks right back into you and Christian!! Do you believe your heart didn't just pop out watching Madeleine hold her? You already have the biggest heart of anyone I know, and now it's growing even more. What tender (and hectic!) moments you all have in your futures. You look so happy, my friend~
Dear Christian and family,
I'm so excited to hear about the new addition to your family. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Katie Hart
Dear Christian,
I just got a chance to catch up with your trip. What a great writer your wife is. I am so touched by the happiness on all of your faces. I am so happy for all of you. Thanks for keeping all of us informed. I feel like we are all along for the journey. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Julie Hillery
I am so truly excited for all of you! I only know Christian via work and now feel like I am part of the family. You are truly blessed and I am so thankful to be able to read along and share this journey. Love, Katie Parks
I am just in awe!!!! Your words have really taken my breath away. You and petunia look soooo happy. I can't believe how great you look- you truly are superwoman! I will pray for you and your new family to have safe travels the rest of the time. We are all enjoying your blog!!! Jenn Crane
Monique, Christian, and Madeline;
Audrey is just precious! Absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you. Keep the pictures coming. We are blog junkies. ;)
God Bless for safe travels.
Hugs from CT
Caroline & John
Christian-
I knew you had it in you to be a sapp! It takes a great wife and 2 beautiful children to bring it out in you! I am very proud of you for being such a great dad!
Suzanne
Post a Comment