It's 9:30pm here, the wind is picking up a bit tonight, but for the most part, it was a decent day for weather. The rain seems to be on it's way out which makes us happy campers.
Today was a big day in regard to the adoption process. In the China program, during your stay in the country you complete the adoption for both the Chinese and American Government- this allows for the babies to return to the States as US Citizens, hence no need to do any further processing or court work upon our return. This afternoon we completed the Chinese portion of Audrey's adoption at the Entry/Exit Administration of Public Security Bureau, Gongdong Province (which is what the sign reads in the background of the photo) WOO HOO, we're halfway to completion!!
What a difference a day makes....I feel like a new woman today after getting some much needed rest last night. Both girls slept great which made for the first night of real rest for Mom & Dad since we got the news that our Travel Notice came in.
Audrey as well as the other babies in our group Mia, Natalie, Asia and Anna are all doing well (Madeleine thinks it's great that one of the babies is named Natalie- she tells everyone about her cousin Natalie). Audrey is the youngest at 11 months and the others range in ages up to 18 months old. It is apparent simply by their behavior and smiles that everyone is settling in. Madeleine is the mother hen of all the babies- she checks in on each of them and is quick to help or let their Mommies know if they are tired, hungry or crying- she is too much.
We had quite the excursion today- after we completed our paperwork our guide brought us to a local store that is equivalent to our WalMart- many of us needed formula and some staple items to bring back, so at the time, we thought this sounded great. Little did we know that going to the "Mega Mall" was comparable to the rush at Macy's in NYC on Christmas Eve. We were dropped off out front and got instructions of how to reach the lower level and told we needed to be back up in 1 hour. Off we went, naively thinking we could grab some bottled water, formula and some snacks for the hotel...yikes- it was a nightmare. Inside it was plain chaos- couple that with a complete language barrier and a 3y.o. who decided that it would be a perfect time to nap and that about sums it up. Did I mention that on the way out, with all of our bags in hand, Madeleine out cold, and trying to juggle huge jugs of spring water, Audrey wet through her diaper all over me- oh my- I must admit, it was quite the scene. I think my Mom and I almost split our pants laughing and crying trying to figure out just how we were going to make it back on the bus.
Back to the hotel to change and then we walked across the street to our favorite hangout called Lucy's. Lucy's serves Western food and drinks, so it is the hotspot on the island. Christian and I have fond memories of several nights outside on the patio with The Herringtons from our last trip, so it was deja vu for me tonight- I missed you Jodi!!
Thank you all for your comments- today they really touched me and brought tears to my eyes.
Happy Birthday shout out to Claudia...I sure hope you are doing well my friend!
We have a busy day planned for us tomorrow, so I'm signing off early tonight...
Oh- how could I forget to tell you- aside from completing the Chinese portion of the adoption today, the best part of the day was when Christian discovered Audrey's tickle spot and we heard her giggle and belly laugh for the first time- it was so awesome. She is such a sweet and gentle baby, we just can't wait for you to meet her!
15 comments:
I just love these photos and hearing of how everything is unfolding. I'm glad you have found a good restaurant....moderation for sure my dear. Sleep is a wonderful thing and love those gals for giving you a chance to get some. Good luck today and love to everyone!! Kim
Lucy's sounds good to me right now!We, or should I say I :), wish we were there with you. She looks so happy already. We are thrilled for you guys. I am putting in my request for more pictures of the two girls together!Enjoy the food at the White Swan.
Jodi Herrington and family
So happy to see a picture of Audrey smiling so much! The sounds of her belly laugh must be music to your ears! I second the request for pictures of Madeleine and Audrey together. The Wal-Mart story is hilarious, and I can imagine you, Memere and the girls laughing yourselves silly! As we say here at the Q, "you just can't make this stuff up!" We miss you here and can't wait for the Drucker family return to the US!
After being in planning for two days and not being able to spend much time on the blog, I was so happy to be able to read all the experiences and see all of Audrey's pictures! I knew she had fire in her eyes, she is so cute. Madeleine looks beautiful and your whole family looks like you were always together. I miss you and hope you are enjoying every minute.
Claudia
WOW!! Your entries are so detailed. As I'm reading, I feel like I'm right there with you guys. We are so thrilled for you all. The pictures are terrific. Your days sound exhausting, but completely fulfilling at the same time. We are thinking of you everyday and are awaiting your safe return home. Nealie, Jason, Dylan and Julia Cirino
Yahoo, your near the end of the paperwork trail!!! That is wonderful! Keep the pictures and stories coming. They are precious and funny too!
Todd and I were talking last night that you were probably enjoying that awesome breakfast buffet at the White Swan. We too were thankful for Lucy's! Enjoy all the great food.
The pictures of your family are so beautiful. Audrey just fits right in like she has always been there. I laughed when you were describing your mall trip. I feel like I have been there too many times. I hope the remainder of your trip goes well. I love reading this every day. I always brightens up my day, no matter how it is going!!
Julie Hillery
Hello Drucker Family! Greetings from Wallingford. I need to tell you... the Blog is GREAT, but I am not great at using it. Long story, and I won't take up the time, but I apologize for not responsing sooner. Anyway...
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! You can tell that she is a happy and sweet baby... God Bless! I can only imagine how full your hearts are, and I am so thankful to our Father for the blessing of another baby girl! No one deserves it more. Enjoy your time in China, as I'm sure it is a special time! I can't wait until you come home. Congratulations, lots of love to all of you, and safe traveling! Marla B.
I love those cheeks- She would fit it right with the Liu boys! I can not wait to kiss them! Madeleine- you are the best big sister! xoxo Jeanne!
Hello again, Moe, Madeleine, and Christian! And hello for the first time, Audrey!
It's amazing to be able to see this all happen before our eyes, on literally the other side of the world. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and share these moments.
Thinking of your trip to China is making me realize how close you guys really live, and yet I don't get to see you enough. I'm printing your blog out so my non-broadband-having girlfriend can read it... Merry makes no secret that you are her favorite in my family. :)
Take care, and hope to see you all soon!
Tim
Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with all of us. I sounds like your family is filled with love. What could be better at the Christmas season. Love to each of you and travel safely.
Carol
Blessings abound! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Marcia Hoffmann
Hello there!! We just love your stories-- it sounds like an amazing experience. I can't wait to meet Audrey and kiss those cheeks. Loves and kisses to the new Drucker family and to your mom!!
We're thinking of you.
Adrienne and Gregg
hello Druckers! Great pictures today. So glad one more step is complete. How fun that you're returning to old haunts! The memories must be great and sharing them with Madeleine must be a real treat. Please tell your mom that Jayne and I are thinking about her through all this too, sounds like she's right in the mix of things.
We got the first call today to pick Julia up early from Daycare! A milestone of sorts I suppose. She seemed fine for most of the evening but I'm writing this at 1:16 am which may give you an indication of the kind of nights it's been so far......Love to you all.
I cannot believe that I have finally gotten on this site! I have scattered a few comments here and there, hope you have time to find them. Praise God, that baby is adorable, what a PETUNIA!!! Hugs and kisses to everyone!! PAULETTE, you look wonderful and I hope this has truly been the journey of your dreams. Miss you much and am hoping and praying for your safe return. God bless and keep you all.
x, A*
Post a Comment