The girls slept well last night and are both sweetly tucked in right now, so we're shooting for another evening of full sleep. Our morning began at 9:30am with more paperwork. The documents today were in preparation for our appointment with the U.S. Consulate which is on the 21st. It is a bit stressful completing this portion as it is in essence our ticket out of the country with Audrey. Our guide Judy has the patience of a saint, and she went through line by line with us. Even for me, on the second time around, it is nerve wracking to do.
After the paperwork was completed and out of our hands, off we marched to the Medical Exam Office where every baby needs to have an evaluation and signature from the doctor before they can leave China. So for all of the aunties out there wanting to know what size Audrey is in- she weighed in at a whopping 22.5lbs and is 29.13 inches. She is fitting comfortably in 12-18 month clothes, but I'm thinking that may not last for long- she has this great buddha belly that sometimes makes it a little snug around the waistline-she fits right in our family!
Memere, Madeleine and I went to the playground this afternoon while Daddy was on Audrey duty. Madeleine had a ball playing outside (it was about 68-69 degrees) and Daddy faired very well with Petunia. Christian and I have both decided that we will soon need to wear a back brace like the employees of Home Depot- between Butterball Audrey and Madeleine who by the way, is only 7lbs heavier than her baby sister, we are in need of Motrin and a masseuse by the end of the day. While we walked around the island today, we saw a pre-school and two other schools with lots of children playing and singing outside. The playgrounds are filled with elderly who meet to do their exercises- they have outdoor equipment on the playground which they use and they also do a series of Tai Chi exercises daily- it is quite the ritual to watch.
Audrey and Madeleine played really well together this afternoon. Madeleine literally was on top of Audrey and they were laughing and having such fun- it was so darn cute. Madeleine continues to work on recognizing that Mommy can't do it all, and sometimes is willing to let Daddy or Memere pitch in while I am tied up with Audrey, but each day is a little better. Audrey is climbing all over the place and my prediction is she will be walking with only one helping hand soon and then on her own right after. She is a very determined little one and keeps right at things until it is how she wants it- that's my girl!
A shout out to my Godson Ben- Happy 4th Birthday cutie pie from Aunt Monique, Uncle Christian, Madeleine and Audrey- May God Bless you on this special day and always.
Signing off and hitting the sheets early tonight...
10 comments:
I'll send the motrin and heating pads for your back soon! As the proud mama of a tater myself, I can definitely relate. What fun you are having. Off to the mall Leah and I go...I have my personal mannequin in Leah to check sizes. Keep writing, relax, smile, play and enjoy....you are exactly where you're supposed to be!! love Kim
Monique, I knew the second I saw Audrey in her new pajamas that size 24 months were in order!!! I love it that she's such a little chunk. Love, Maria
Audrey seems so enthralled with Madeleine in the pictures! How wonderful that they are adjusting to each other so well! I would just want to sit and watch them play all day. I can't wait to hear Madeleine tell her memories of Petunia Day and her trip to China. Your writing is so beautiful, and every morning I look forward to hearing about your latest adventure.
Oh my, Audrey is the same size Zoe was at her physical, remember-the whooping 23 lbs I carried in the hip hammock all over China. Have you tried the Hip Hammock? I can truly empathize with your tired and sore back:)I love all the smiley pictures. She is a joy to look at.
Jodi Herrington and family
I can't believe that any of that is stressful because your children look like they are having blast! Good luck with the US Consulate. You all will be in our thoughts and we wish you luck. Maybe you could bring your quide back to QU and should could work with us...we could use more patience! Please keep writing. We are enthralled with the pictures and the words. It is truly the highlight of my day! Jenn Crane
Madeleine, I want a Audrey Petunia just like you! I like seeing pictures of you everyday. Did you have fun at the playground?
Words cannot express how beautiful the "Drucker Family of 4" is. Monique, your words are so wonderful in describing your experiences...it's as if I can hear you talking. I am so happy for you, Christian, and Madeleine. Audrey is so precious! I just love the pictures with Madeleine and Audrey interacting with each other. Wishing the four of you a lifetime of happiness!
All my love,
Felicity
The pictures are spectacular - you truly look like a family made in heaven. Hey, Paulette, you must be loving every minute - not having to watch the experience from afar! We laugh and cry with the daily blogs and can't wait to see you all settled into your home in CT. We'll surely join you for the Christening if you want us there! I'll start to make the 'sweater' now so that it's finished by Spring. We love you and look forward to every word of your adventure!
Estelle & Bill
Dear Druckers,
I am just catching up on your blog and your very happy week!! Audrey is just so adaorable and I can't wait to get my hands on her cheeks & buddha belly! Madeleine just looks like she is going to be the BEST BIG SISTER ever!! I am so happy for you, you know mushy and sentimental me - I am getting all teary! Anyway, enjoy the rest of your time there and I cannot wait to meet beautiful little Audrey!
Love, Sabrina xxx/ooo
Good morning Drucker family!
It is 8:38 p.m. here at the Q, and we are awaiting the last stragglers to head home for the holidays. We had hoped you would post more pictures for our viewing pleasure and entertainment while we wait... Good news is it is all quiet on the home front, and we have made it through another semester!
Patiently waiting for more pictures... Melissa and Jenn
PS... Shout out to Christian, we look forward to reading your thoughts on the newest member of your family! We love reading Mommy's posts, but would love the Daddy perspective, too!
Post a Comment