First I must tell you how much we are LOVING reading your posts...it has become our daily ritual and makes us feel connected to you from 1/2 a world away- thank you! We'll keep the pictures coming if you'll keep the comments coming- fair enough? :)
I'll begin with a report from last night-there is a God- Audrey slept through the night only stirring once or twice and woke just a little before 6am. Now if we can get her big sister to do the same, perhaps the circles will fade from my eyes. Of course both of the girls refused to give in to bedtime, and it was 10pm before everyone was settled, but hey- it was our first evening together and any semblance of a schedule was thrown out the window leaving Newark on Friday. Madeleine woke up in the middle of the night and realized she wasn't right next to her petunia, so she got up and marched right over to the bed next to Audrey and fell back asleep. Go ahead and say awwhhh...because those are the tender moments we too are hanging on to and see most often.
The breakfast buffet here at the White Swan is nothing short of a breakfast for champions- lots of happy people in our group this morning enjoying western treats! After breakfast, I had to do some paperwork to prep for our appointment back at the Office of Civil Affairs, so Daddy and Memere were on kid patrol and they faired very well. Madeleine fell into a hard sleep, so Memere was gracious enough to stay with her while the three of us got back on the bus to trek over the Civil Affairs.
We have been pleasantly surprised to see signs of Christmas in a country that does not celebrate this holiday. The hotels are deocorated with trees,lights and bows, and the staff tell us they are pleased to do this for us- it is very welcoming and leaves me with such a warm feeling everytime I see a decoration. We have much to learn from the Chinese- their pride in their history and love of their culture, and their modesty and hospitality is refreshing. It humbles me to be surrounded by people who live with so little, yet love with so much.
What else can I tell you...I can tell you that watching Christian with his girls makes my heart melt; having my mother by our side to experience this with us here has been truly amazing; and how in awe I am of this entire journey and process- this is what Christian and I have been chosen for, and clearly we are overwhelmed with love.
15 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am just overjoyed for you all as I read this and see the pictures! You all are so incredibly blessed. What a beautiful family, of four now!
Do I see a little "bling" in Baby Audrey's hair? How adorable. She is so happy to be with her family! Relish every moment and keep the stories coming! Love Kim, Jim and Leah
I will promise to keep commenting.Keep the pictures coming.She is so cute! Mommy and Daddy not too shabby looking either!How is the shopping? Any time yet? Memere seems to be hanging in there too! Have fun and soak it all in.
Jodi Herrington and family
Monique, the tears are running down my face as I this. First, you are such an incredible writer, the words you choose and how you describe everything make us feel as though we are right there with you. Our hearts are filled wih so much love to be a part of this most special journey. Audrey is absolutely gorgeous! And to see Madeleine and her together makes our hearts melt. When we were first reading yesterday, Marella was on my lap, just starring at computer and trying to eat her up- literally! That's my girl!
Well, lots and lots of love and kisses to all of you. What an amazing Christmas season this is for all of you, beacuse really there is no more speacial of a gift than a beautiful, healthy child- and you go 2! Looking forward to your next entry!
The Bleecher's
That is the most beautiful Petunia I have ever seen! I have enjoyed reading your postings so much. But seriously, my boss keeps coming in and asking if I'm crying. I can only read it in little snippets or I'd be a mess. Congratulations!
Dawn
Hey, and I forgot to mention....isn't it great to NOT be spending your first few days together in the hospital???? :-)
Dawn
Dear Monique and Christian, Audrey is amazing!!! Jim and I can't wait to meet her. Please give kisses to the girls and love to Sister Mary Celeste. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey home.
Love, Maria
I have the biggest smile on my face as I am reading through today's blog and looking at the pictures of Petunia! She is absolutely adorable! And she already poses for the camera - I love it! Audrey, along with the whole family, looks so full of joy! Like you said, you are where you were meant to be!
I am so thrilled for you - enjoy the rest of your trip and keep those pictures and posts coming!
Love, Nicole
To my family,
Audrey- finally, finally, you are here with us. It has been a long journey but more that worth the wait. Auntie can't wait to give you a big hug and kiss; your cousins have been looking at your pictures and keep asking when they get to see you in person. We'll have to arrange that as soon as possible. Monique, Christian and Mom- hang in there! Relax,enjoy and recouperate during your stay at the White Swan. Keep the pictures coming. Give Madeleine a extra hug from us. We miss you all terribly.
Love,
Michelle, Nat, Natalie & Nicole
I will gladly keep posting comments if you keep posting pictures! Everyone looks so happy in the photos, and what is not to love about a beautiful baby girl in a pink sweater!?!? The picture of Madeleine kissing Audrey is beautiful, and made a hectic day here at the Q much better! Can't wait to read more!!
I have been trying to post a comment for days!!! She is just beautiful-- I have tears everytime I read your postings!! Thank you for letting us share!
We love you.
The Neithardts
Sorry, my emails don't seem to be going to you so I am trying again. Audrey is BEAUTIFUL and seems so happy. Our family is truely blessed to have 2 beautiful little girls. How great that we get to celebrate her first Christmas and her first Birthday. Hopefully the rest of the trip goes smoothly. Everything is fine on the homefront.
Love, Mom (Nana)
Oh those adorable cheeks can't wait to squeeze them! Our love goes beyond words and we can't wait to see you all . Madeleine you are truly the best big sister. Memere you must feel joyous. With love Jay and Betty
Hi guys, I can't really wax philosophical here and tell you how Jayne and I are feeling for you right now, it just wouldn't convey. Just know that we love you much and have been reading your posts to Julia who smiles her way through them....can't be just coincidence. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey, she's beautiful, make sure Madeleine knows we're thinking of her too and enjoy the rest of your days in that wonderful country!
Congratulations Drucker family!
I am so happy for you- what a wonderful present to receive! I miss you all so much. Love to you all-
Jenn
Post a Comment