I'm starting to feel the crunch of getting everything packed up and prepared for the flight home. Oh my- Audrey is cutting her top tooth, so she has been unusually fussy- between that and Miss I don't sleep on plane rides Madeleine, it should be interesting.
Tonight the group got together for a photo shoot by the hotel's infamous red couch. Our hotel, The White Swan, has red velvet couches throughout the first and second floor- these couches have become the hotspot for group baby photos in the adoption world. It's always a challenge to get several babies together and take a picture, so this was the best we could do to capture the moment.
We are flying out of Guangzhou to Hong Kong, which is a quick hour flight. From there, we will board a Continental flight which will take us directly to Newark- just a mere 17 hour flight- UGH! (Caroline- thank you so much for thinking of us and wanting to greet us- unfortunately we didn't get a flight into Bradley- going out of Newark was considerably more reasonable). Continental's flight plan actually takes us over the North Pole, so Madeleine is beside her self with excitement- she thinks she may be able to get a glimpse of Santa from the airplane window...too cute.
Happy Birthday shout to Grandma Peg- Madeleine and Audrey can't wait to give you kisses!
Tomorrow will be our last post from China. Once again, we thank you for sharing in this experience with us and sending us your comments.
12 comments:
Oh my Oh my....I am so bored at work and finally some cookies from China!! I am so happy that the Druckers are officially a Family of 4. The girls are beautiful, and you know I LOVE that Audrey's ensemble is pink and red...and possible a bit of orange? Absolutely beautiful. We head to Indiana tonight so I'll have to find a computer at my In-laws so I can see the final post and the "we're home and Santa is coming" photo. I can't drop off any beer on the doorstep, but I send love and wishes and kisses to you all. Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing this journey - every personal, private and yummy moment - with all of us. Your courage to answer this call is admirable and simply awesome. Much love to you, my friends! Kim, Jim and Leah
Madeleine,
I hope you get to see Santa as you fly over the North Pole. Even if you don't see Santa, maybe you will get to see his workshop or the reindeer preparing for the big night. You told me which kind of cookies Santa likes best on the way to the airport. I hope I can remember so that I leave out his favorite ones! Just in case, I will leave a note for him that his favorite cookies are at the Druckers house! Have a safe trip home, and I can't wait to see you and your Petunia! Please give your mommy a big hug for me.
Hi Drucker Family!
I was on a little vacation and am now catching up on the daily blogs! I love them! Christian, I must say, your postings were very, very touching! That song by Martina McBride is beautiful! And of course, I absolutely loved 'the mall of the jewelry variety'! I was literally laughing out loud!
Congratulations, officially, to the new Drucker Family! It will feel so great to be back home soon and introduce Audrey to all the friends and family! I am sure everyone is anxiously awaiting the arrival!
Enjoy your last day or so in China!
Love, Nicole
What a beautiful group of babies! If we ever have a reunion, we're going to have to find a red couch. LOL
So glad you're almost home,
Dawn & Peri
Yahoo!!! We are so excited for you all. The process is almost complete. That is great!!!! We loved all the pictures today. Our favorite was of Madeleine and Audrey in their beautiful outfits! They are so adorable!! I can't believe I will only have one more post to read from China. This is a highlight of my day. I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.
Love to you all!
Shannon & family
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Audrey looks just perfectly content in daddie's arms! One more day than the big trip home. We'll be thinking of you!!
Adrienne
I bet you can't wait to get home a settle down with the family. I am so happy you will be in the US for Xmas. I hope you have a great flight and I can't wait to see you! I miss you very much.
Claudia
Christian, Monique & Family,
I love the red couch photo. What a little buddha belly on Audrey. It is just too cute. She is such a ham in that picture. I also love the picture with the two girls, how precious. Madeleine looks like she is a great big sister.
Glad to hear all went well with the consulate. Sound like there was a lot of paperwork to do. :( Does the paperwork ever end?
Looking forward to your final post. Thanks for letting me know that you aren't coming into Bradley. Too bad, we would have loved to welcome you all home.
Safe travels,
Caroline & John :)
A collective Sigh!!! So glad things are official. Enjoy the last two days and get home safe! We'll be waiting for you.
I love the red couch. I love it, your Budda baby took Zoe's Line backer right end of the couch!!!! How fitting.
The girls all look sooo cute.
I know you must be so excited to get home.
Good luck tomorrow.
Love The Herrington's
Congrats. Glad to hear everyone (you to Mack D) is getting ready for a family trip back to Wallyworld...
Maybe you guys could start your own reality show, because we are going to go through withdrawal when this is over... unless... wait... you added a fifth to the family.... and you did this all over again... WAHOO, what a great idea... Congrats on the fifth, maybe some of us can go on the trip. This will be great. Maybe a Dattco shuttle to the airport... Can I be bus monitor. (no beer on the bus, please ~ read: conceal it under your jackets). Looking forward to the itenary for that trip. Man I'm pysched!
Hello, hello, Druckers Four and PAULETTE, I have been unable to access this site until TODAY. I am now sitting here, having my coffee, crying and reading all of the info and looking at the beautiful photos. God bless and keep you all and have a safe journey home, keep sharp eyes peeled for Santa!!! Much love and hugs and kisses to you all!
X, A*
Post a Comment